Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year, Winter Math Centers, and a Small Thank You Gift!


I hope you enjoyed a safe New Year’s Eve.  I promised that I would be back soon and here I am!

My Christmas vacation is coming to an end and I am going to miss being home and having time to relax.  I return to work on Monday so I have begun getting things ready for my classroom.  My goal is to have everything finished by Friday.  I don’t want to work on anything school related this weekend.

I needed some review materials for math.  We have mid-year assessments coming up very soon and I know my students will benefit from some review after having two weeks at home.

I created 11 math centers with a winter theme.  Eight of them are for review and 3 of them focus on fractions, which I will begin teaching next week.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/11-Winter-Math-Centers-for-Older-Children-1620724
 
Each center contains:

·      a student direction page

·      18 task cards

·      a student recording page

·      an answer key

I created the following centers:

Place Value Students are asked to write the standard, expanded, or written form or a given number. (Aligned with Common Core Standard N.NBT.A.1)

Comparing Whole Numbers Students are asked to read and compare both numbers. Write >, <, or = to compare each pair of numbers. (Aligned with Common Core Standard N.NBT.A.2)




Number Patterns Students are asked write the numbers missing from the pattern and the rule for each pattern. (Aligned with Common Core Standard N.OA.C.5)





Rounding Whole Numbers Students are asked to round the number to the nearest ten, hundred, thousand, or ten thousand. (Aligned with Common Core Standard N.NBT.A.3)




Add or Subtract Whole Numbers Students are asked to Add or subtract to solve the equation. (Aligned with Common Core Standard N.NBT.B.4)





Multiplication Students are asked to align the given numbers correctly. Then, multiply the numbers to find the product. (Aligned with Common Core Standard N.NBT.B.5)




Division Students are asked to align the given numbers correctly. Then, divide the numbers to find the quotient. (Aligned with Common Core Standard N.NBT.B.6)




Word Problems Students are asked to decide what operation is needed to solve the problem. Then are required to solve the problem on their recording sheet showing all their work. (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, and Fractions)

Equivalent Fractions Students are asked to write the equivalent fractions, find the missing number, and use equivalent fractions to rename one fraction or more in each pair. Then, add the fractions. (Aligned with Common Core Standard N.NF.A.1 and N.NF.C.5)


Comparing Fractions Students are asked to read and compare both fractions. Write >, <, or = to compare them. (Aligned with Common Core Standard N.NF.A.2)




Add or Subtract Fractions Students are asked to Add or subtract the fractions and be sure to reduce to the lowest terms. (Aligned with Common Core Standard N.NF.B.3a)

 
 
If you are interested in having this winter math review set, just click here.

I would really like to THANK YOU for returning to my “no longer abandoned” blog!  I would like to share this FREE fraction resource with you.  I hope that you and your students find some value in it. 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fractions-Task-Cards-Free-1624360
 
Happy New Year to you and your family!

I will be back in a few days.

1 comment :